This webinar series introduces Public Housing Authorities (PHAs), Continuums of Care (CoCs), and other housing stakeholders to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) opportunities that fund and provide housing-related supports and services. Each webinar will provide information on partnership opportunities and on-the-ground examples of successful approaches to pairing HHS agency resources with HUD housing assistance for people experiencing homelessness, including the 70,000 Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHVs) awarded by HUD to PHAs through the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
The series will introduce HHS opportunities and resources offered by:
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
Attendees will be equipped to:
- Identify available HHS resources that fund and cover housing-related supports and services in their state and communities
- Locate their state and local agencies responsible for funding and delivering these resources
- Reach out and form partnerships to ensure successful referrals, lease-up, and ongoing tenancy
Who Should Attend?
This series will be informative for affordable housing stakeholders, including PHAs, CoCs, HUD Multifamily operators, affordable housing owners/operators, local funders, and community partners, who are looking to pair services with their housing subsidy to better serve clients experiencing homelessness.
The series will be particularly useful for CoCs and PHAs administering the EHV program; PHAs with a homeless admission preference; and PHAs with a special purpose voucher program such as Mainstream, Family Unification Program, HUD-VASH, etc.