The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is pleased to announce the launch of a series of webinars for Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) 1, 2, and 3 grantees. The webinar series is designed to move grantees toward closeout with topics gathered through HUD's recent work on closeout assessments. Upcoming webinars will cover topics such as meeting national objectives; preparing for closeout; completing projects and exhausting all remaining grant funds; reviewing deed restrictions and affordability periods; managing land banks; and satisfying open HUD and OIG findings. Additional webinars in the series will be announced in the coming weeks!
Long-Term Rental Oversight Webinar
The first webinar in the series will take place on November 14, 2017, from 2:00 - 4:00 PM EST and will highlight Long-Term Rental Oversight. The webinar will be presented by Sarah Ciampi, Senior CPD Representative, Chicago Field Office, and will cover rental administration and trouble-shooting for challenging projects. While many grantees have rental components in their programs, they may not have plans for long-term compliance.
Participants will learn about the following topics:
- Basic Rental Requirements
- Rental Agreements and Records
- Defining Rent and Maintaining Affordability
- Marketing and Tenant Relations
- Unit Quality, Inspections, and Monitoring
- Troubled projects – Most common challenges
Webinar materials will be posted to the HUD Exchange Trainings page, as they become available.
Who Should Attend?
Neighborhood Stabilization Program Grantees
Please note you DO NOT need to register to join this webinar. Instructions to access the webinar directly are provided below.
To Join via WebEx
- At least 10 minutes before the start time, log into the webinar.
- Enter your first name, last name, and e-mail address
- Enter the meeting password: NSP2017.
- Click Join Now
- WebEx Event Manager software will load; this can take several minutes.
- Once the meeting window has opened, to receive a call back, provide your phone number in the box provided
- Call the toll-free: (877) 223-6370
- When prompted, enter the meeting access code: 718 687 7411#
To Join via Teleconference (Audio-only)
- Call toll-free: (877) 223-6370
- When prompted, enter in the meeting access code: 718 687 7411#
Training Point of Contact
Sandy Patel | Spatel@tdainc.org
For more NSP resources, please visit the Neighborhood Stabilization Program page on the HUD Exchange. If you have not signed up for the NSP Mailing List, please do so on the HUD Exchange to be sure you receive upcoming webinar announcements.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.