Are you a Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) grantee with a Land Bank set up in the Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting System (DRGR)? Have you not set up a formal Land Bank in DRGR but you've been holding property with plans for using it in the future? Are you struggling to create strategies for using the NSP property you're holding?
On February 27, 2018, HUD will feature a webinar for NSP grantees who are operating Land Banks – either formally or informally. The webinar will cover the following topics:
- What is a Land Bank: When you need it and when you don't
- National Objectives: How to meet national objectives with Land Banked properties
- "Informal" Land Banks: What to consider when holding property
- Land Bank Management Plans: What's needed and best practices
- Land Bank and Property Disposition Strategies: How to move properties and move forward
- Managing Land Banks in DRGR: What information is needed and where
Login information and webinar materials will be posted to the NSP Land Banks - Formal and Informal: Property Disposition Strategies Trainings page, as they become available.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is intended for all NSP1, NSP2, and NSP3 grantees, staff, partners, and affiliates.
This session is part of a series of webinars designed to move grantees toward closeout with topics gathered through HUD's recent work on closeout assessments. Future webinars will cover topics such as meeting national objectives; preparing for closeout; completing projects and exhausting all remaining grant funds; reviewing deed restrictions and affordability periods; managing land banks; and satisfying open HUD and OIG findings. Additional webinars in the series will be announced in the coming weeks.
To access training materials from past webinars, visit the HUD Exchange Past Trainings Calendar. For more NSP resources, please visit the Neighborhood Stabilization Program page on the HUD Exchange. If you have not signed up for the NSP Mailing List, please do so on the HUD Exchange to be sure you receive upcoming webinar announcements.