The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) plans to open the System Performance Measures (Sys PM) module in the HUD Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) web portal on Thursday, June 16, 2016.
Continuums of Care (CoCs) must submit their 2016 System Performance Measures data by Monday, August 1, 2016 at 7:59:59 PM EDT in the HDX in order to be considered complete. Meeting the data submission deadline is a factor considered by HUD in the annual CoC Program Competition.
HUD has prepared two resources to assist CoCs and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Leads in preparing to navigate the new System Performance Measures module in HDX:
- System Performance Measures: 2016 Data Submission Guidance provides detailed information on how to submit 2016 System Performance Measures report data in HDX.
- Training on the process of submitting their reports in the HDX, entitled “Submitting Your CoC’s System Performance Measures Report in HDX.” The training will be offered one time - Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 1:00 PM EDT. Participants will learn:
- How to set up or update their account in HDX for appropriate users
- How to open a new report in the Sys PM Module and manually enter data from your CoC’s HMIS-based System Performance Measures report
- How to upload data directly via CSV, if available from your HMIS vendor
- How to review, finalize, and submit your data
Registration is Now Open for the Following Training
Who Should Attend?
The Collaborative Applicant/Primary Contact in HDX for each CoC is responsible for ensuring that the 2016 System Performance Measures data is entered completely and accurately by the submission deadline.
This webinar, Submitting Your CoC’s System Performance Measures Report in HDX, is relevant to both CoC and HMIS Lead agency staff. However, lines are limited for these calls. Please limit registration to 2 people per CoC; we encourage CoC staff to listen together on one line (and use one registration) if possible.
Preparing for Submission
CoC Collaborative Applicants should visit the HUD Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) to ensure that they have provided “read,” “write,” and “submit” privileges to the appropriate staff who will be entering information in the System Performance Module.
If you have any questions about System Performance Measures that are not covered in the Data Submission Guidance or Training webinar, please visit the Ask a Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange.
- Technical questions related to data submission in the HDX should be submitted through the HDX: Homelessness Data Exchange (including PIT, HIC, and AHAR) under the Reporting Systems headline.
- Questions about calculation of the measures or preparing the report in HMIS should be submitted through the HMIS: Homeless Management Information System under the Reporting Systems headline.
For more information about System Performance Measures, visit HUD’s System Performance Measures page on the HUD Exchange for access to several resources and a range of tools that are intended to answer basic questions as well as technical questions.
Registering for Submitting Your System Performance Measures in HDX
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
Register for the Submitting Your System Performance Measures Report in HDX Webinar.
If you have not yet registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange:
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Login to My HUD Exchange.
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
- Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in.
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update.
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn.
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class.
If you are unsure if you have a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the Forget Username or Password? field.
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.