The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Round 3 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) is now available. YHDP is an initiative designed to address systemic responses to youth homelessness and significantly reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness in up to 25 participating communities (8 of which will be rural). HUD strongly encourages all communities to consider applying.
View the Round 3 YHDP NOFA.
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
- Carefully and thoroughly read the YHDP NOFA to clearly understand the program expectations, requirements, rating and ranking factors before applying. The FY 2018 NOFA is similar to the FY 2017 NOFA, but there are important changes; please make sure to thoroughly read the new NOFA to understand the changes.
- This application is for your community’s participation in the initiative only. Project funding applications will only be submitted by communities selected to participate.
- This application must be submitted by a community’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Collaborative Applicant, but must be co-developed with a broad array of community partners, including a youth action board*, a state or local child welfare agency*, youth homelessness housing and service providers, local schools districts, workforce development organizations, law enforcement, judges, corrections, and more.
*formal participation agreement required
- Applications will be submitted through grants.gov (and not through e-snaps).
HUD will be holding a webinar on the NOFA on March 28, 2019 from 12:30-2:00 PM EDT. Further information and a registration link will be sent in a future message.
Visit the YHDP page on the HUD Exchange for links to the NOFA, Ask A Question (AAQ) portal, FAQs, and additional resources.