Don’t miss your opportunity to listen live to this important webinar featuring national leaders who are committed to homeless assistance and healthcare systems integration. This webinar is third in the six-part series included in SNAPs’ H² TA initiative. The last webinar presented strategies for enrolling clients in healthcare insurance. This webinar will focus on keeping them engaged in the healthcare system and supporting program recipients with learning how to effectively utilize the healthcare system.
- Roula K. Sweis, M.A., Psy.D., Supervisory Program Advisor, HUD’s Office of the Assistant Secretary, Community Planning and Development - Opening Remarks
- Dr. Cara James, Director, Office of Minority Health at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - Presentation of the “From Coverage to Care” (C2C) toolkit developed to support newly insured adults with effectively utilizing the healthcare now available to them
- Kim Nettleton, Product Development - Capabilities, UnitedHealthcare Community & State - Presentation of a white paper describing the operating environment for Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and their motivations and incentives for forging stronger links with community-based housing and service providers
- Jessie Beebe, Health Services Specialist, Center for Housing and Health, AIDS Foundation of Chicago - Presentation of lessons learned and best practices in establishing and maintaining healthcare access for more than two hundred newly enrolled extremely low-income Medicaid recipients in the Chicago area
Who Should Attend?
This webinar targets agencies administering HUD-funded CoC, ESG, and HOPWA housing and supportive services. It will be particularly relevant to administrators and program planners responsible for developing agency-specific protocols and those who participate in community-level systems planning and development.
This webinar is also open to the following U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) grantees due to their key role in collaborating with HUD’s grantees to address the healthcare needs of people experiencing homelessness:
- Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Ryan White and Health Center grantees
- Administration for Children and Families’ (ACF) Runaway and Homeless Youth Program grantees
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Targeted Homeless and HIV Programs grantees
To register, please complete and submit the Webinar Registration Form. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the webinar meeting link and call-in number.
If you are unable to participate in the webinar you can still view it at a later time. The webinar will be recorded and available for future viewing on the HUD Exchange Training and Events page. Materials referenced by the presenters will also be available through the HUD Exchange.
If you have any registration questions, please contact Donald Chamberlain at (206) 409-8588 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This webinar is part of a series of webinars being developed through HUD's Healthcare and Housing (H²) TA initiative. Sign up for the HUD Exchange Mailing List to learn about future webinars.