This webinar will present a range of opportunities and strategies designed to support organizations serving homeless populations in their efforts to enroll clients in available health insurance, including Medicaid. The webinar will provide specific steps that organizations can take to overcome barriers to enrollment and it will provide detailed information on how to facilitate access to enrollment and health care. Key subject matter experts and leaders in this field will showcase their work.
Panelists include: Jessica Kendall, Director of the Enrollment Assister Network, FamiliesUSA; Barbara DiPietro, Director of Policy, National Health Care for the Homeless; Katie League, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, Baltimore Health Care for the Homeless; and Kristin Lupfer, Project Director, SAMHSA SOAR TA, Policy Research Associates.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar primarily targets agencies administering HUD-funded CoC and HOPWA housing and supportive services. It will be particularly relevant to administrators and program planners responsible for developing agency-specific protocols and those who participate in community-level systems planning and development.
This webinar is also open to the following U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) grantees due to their key role in collaborating with HUD’s grantees to address the healthcare needs of people experiencing homelessness:
- Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Ryan White and Health Center grantees;
- Administration for Children and Families’ (ACF) Runaway and Homeless Youth Program grantees;
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Targeted Homeless and HIV Programs grantees.
Participants will learn:
- The opportunities available under the Affordable Care Act for the participants in their programs to access health insurance.
- The role of Enrollment Assistors and Navigators in their communities who can help participants enroll in available insurance.
- Successful strategies to conduct outreach, engagement and enrollment on the local level.
- The important link between Social Security Disability and Medicaid, particularly for people with disabilities.
- The impact SOAR technical assistance can have on access to mainstream resources and how CoCs can link to existing SOAR resources.
The webinar is limited to 1,000 participants and registration is required to join the webinar. The registration window will close 24 hours before the webinar begins.
To register, please complete and submit the Webinar Registration Form. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the webinar meeting link and call-in number.
If you are unable to participate in the webinar you can still view it at a later time. The webinar will be recorded and available for future viewing on the HUD Exchange Training and Events page.
If you have any registration questions, please contact Marie Herb at (617) 266-5657 ext. 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This webinar is part of a series of webinars being developed through HUD's Housing and Healthcare (H²) TA initiative. Sign up for the HUD Exchange Mailing List to learn about future webinars.