It is time for CoCs to submit their Housing Inventory Count (HIC), Point-in-Time (PIT) count, and System Performance Measures (SPM) data to HUD. HUD opened its Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) on March 1, 2018 for communities to begin submitting their data to HUD. Communities will have until Monday, April 30, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT to submit their PIT count and HIC data. CoCs will have until Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT to submit their SPM data.
- HIC, PIT Count, and SPM Data in the CoC Program Competition
Meeting the HIC, PIT count, and SPM data submission deadline has historically been a factor considered by HUD in the annual CoC Program Competition. Please remember that submitting the HIC, PIT count, and SPM data in HDX are each separate processes, and each submission must be on time for your submission to be considered complete:
- HIC data must be submitted on the HIC Reporting Status page by April 30, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT.
- PIT count data must be submitted on the PIT Reporting Status page by April 30, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT.
- SPM data must be submitted on the Sys PM Reporting Status page by May 31, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT.
- 2018 HDX Data Collection and Submission Guidance
Guidance on entering HIC and PIT count data via the HDX will be soon be available for download from the PIT and HIC Guides, Tools, and Webinars page on the HUD Exchange. Guidance on submitting SPM data via the HDX will also soon be available for download from the System Performance Measures page on the HUD Exchange.
- System Performance Measures Submission Webinar
HUD will be providing a webinar to communities on submitting their SPM data to HUD via HDX on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 from 3:00 to 4:00 PM EDT. Register for the 2017 System Performance Measures Data Entry Training to attend the training.
If you have any questions about the HIC, PIT or SPM data submissions process, please visit the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. Under “My question is related to”, select “HDX Homelessness Data Exchange (including PIT, HIC, AHAR, and Sys PM).”