On January 26, 2019 HUD announced nearly $2 billion to renew more than 5,800 local homeless housing and service programs across the U.S. and its territories. These Continuum of Care (CoC) grants will help end homelessness and provide critically needed support to local programs on the front lines of serving individuals and families experiencing homelessness. The announcement includes FY 2018 awards for all renewal projects and projects that applied for transition grants. Awards for new projects, including projects being awarded with Domestic Violence Bonus (DV Bonus) funding, will be announced at a later date.
View a list of the renewal and transition grant awards by CoC.
This announcement includes awards for the following types of projects in both Tier 1 and Tier 2:
- One-year renewals for expiring grants, including those for CoCs designated as a Unified Funding Agency;
- Renewals where the applicant applied to consolidate several renewal grants; and
- Projects where the applicant applied for a transition grant.
The announcement does not include awards for the following types of projects:
- New projects created through Bonus, DV Bonus, or Reallocation, including those for CoCs designated as a Unified Funding Agency;
- CoC Planning and Unified Funding Agency Costs projects; and
- New grants that expand existing projects (expansion grants).
HUD will announce awards for the above noted new projects at a later date.
Award letters for renewal and transition grants are being emailed to the email addresses we have on file. If an identified awardee does not receive an award letter in the next few days, please contact HUD's Ask A Question (AAQ) portal.
If you wish to appeal this decision, you will have 45 days beginning when HUD makes the final award announcement. This final award announcement will be made at a later date, and HUD will send an announcement over the listserv to indicate that a final award announcement has been made and indicating the deadline for appeals. See Section X of the FY 2018 NOFA for more details.
For questions relating to this announcement, a recipient or Collaborative Applicant should send a message through HUD’s AAQ portal.
We deeply appreciate your work to end homelessness.
Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs