This webinar, to be held on February 10, 2016, will describe how the Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program (Section 108) can serve as an important financing tool in targeting reinvestment for economic development, public facilities and improvements, and housing rehabilitation. The loan guarantees can help recipients leverage limited public resources to catalyze investment in communities, especially those facing, among other challenges, persistent poverty and the need to increase community resilience following the impact of natural disasters.
Along with this information, the webinar will explain recent rule changes that permit HUD to charge borrowers a one-time fee upon loan approval. The webinar also will provide an overview of how Section 108 recipients should be using HUD’s Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS) to track and disburse funds.
- Receive an overview of key program aspects and a description of new training materials and underwriting guidelines available from HUD
- Learn about initiatives at the local and state level that are employing Section 108 loan guarantees to fund targeted reinvestment projects or create loan pools dedicated to comprehensive community revitalization
- Understand the fee requirements associated with Section 108 Loan Guarantee approvals in fiscal year 2016
Following the presentation, participants will be able to submit questions to HUD and technical assistance providers regarding any element of the Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is relevant to CDBG recipients and subrecipients, current and prospective participants in the 108 program, and community and economic development professionals. This webinar is limited to 1,000 participants and registration for this training will close 24 hours before the webinar begins.
Training Point of Contact
Gladys Schneider | 813-830-3450 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.
Registering for the Targeted Community Reinvestment: HUD’s Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program as a Financing Tool - 2016 Update Webinar
To access the registration page, please follow the instructions below carefully.
If you have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Go to the Targeted Community Reinvestment: HUD's Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program webpage.
- Select the Register Now button next to the date and time.
If you are logged into your HUD Exchange account, you will be directed to HUD Exchange Learn. If you are not logged in, you will be asked to log in before being directed to HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the Class, under Scheduled Classes
- Select the Enroll button
- On the next screen, in the Activities section, Select the Launch button; you will be directed to a registration form.
- Complete the registration form and click Register. You will receive an email with instructions for joining the webinar. Please do not share the link you receive, as this link is unique to you
If you do not already have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Account Registration Page.
- Fill out the Personal Information and Login Information sections.
- Click the Create an Account button at the bottom of the page to create your HUD Exchange account.
Your account has been created. Please proceed with registration instructions for “If you have a HUD Exchange Account”.