Are you a community housing development organization (CHDO) or potential CHDO? Are you a HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) participating jurisdiction (PJ) seeking to build better relationships with your CHDOs?
HUD just released a new online course called CHDO Opportunities in HOME. This self-paced online training serves as both a comprehensive introduction and an important refresher on regulatory requirements for CHDOs under the HOME Program. It includes a discussion of:
- CHDO set-aside and the relationship between PJs and CHDOs
- CHDO organizational structure
- CHDO eligible activities including both for-sale and rental housing
- CHDO as owner, sponsor, or developer of housing
- Incentives a PJ may provide to a CHDO, including operating, predevelopment assistance, and CHDO proceeds
The course is interactive and includes a mix of audio and video presentations, learning checks, and links to related HOME resources. Participants can receive credit for the course by passing a final quiz that reinforces key regulatory requirements applicable to CHDOs and their projects.
For more information on the HOME Program, including other upcoming trainings and the most recent program guidance, visit the HOME Program page on the HUD Exchange.