The United States Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) will again offer the virtual delivery of the Building HOME training series. The series will include 4 weekly 2 hour sessions on Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00 PM EST followed with a one hour office hour session on Thursdays to review homework and answer questions related to that week’s materials. This course is a prerequisite for all other HOME topical courses. The virtual delivery of Building HOME provides an overview of the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program, including the latest requirements codified in the July 24, 2013, HOME Final Rule. This is an introduction to the HOME Program inclusive of all of the new regulatory changes, but in a modified format for a virtual delivery. Participants will become familiar with all program activities, including homeowner and homebuyer, rental housing, tenant-based rental assistance, and Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) activities.
Note: This is a four-week webinar series presentation of the Building HOME training. Sessions take place via webinar technology on the dates listed below. Office Hour sessions will be from 1:00-2:00 PM EST the day following the webinar; for example Office Hours will be held from 1:00-2:00 PM EST on January 19, 2017 following the January 18, 2017 webinar.
Participants are expected to attend all four sessions in the series. Sessions will be recorded and posted to allow registered participants who may have a scheduling conflict for a webinar session. Participants must have registered as instructed below for completion of the series to qualify as the pre-requisite for future HOME certification. Although some Participating Jurisdiction (PJ) staff may participate in a group setting, each participant will need to register individually as instructed below for completion of the series and to satisfy the requirement of Building HOME as a prerequisite for all HOME topical courses.
Who Should Attend?
The Building HOME Webinar Series is relevant to PJ staff, Subrecipients, and CHDOs. This webinar is limited to 500 participants and registration for this training will close 24 hours before the webinar begins.
Registering for the 2017 Building HOME Webinar Series
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
||January 18 & 25, 2017
February 1 & 8, 2017
|1:00-3:00 PM EST
If you have not yet registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Log In (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in.
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update.
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn.
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class.
If you are unsure if you have an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
Training Point of Contact
Building HOME Registrar | Trainings@HUDExchange.info
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.