February 21, 2018 – 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
Register for the webinar
Attend the webinar February 21, 2018 at 2PM EST to be eligible for free technical assistance in developing your own 20% roadmap.
Every Better Buildings Challenge (BBC) Multifamily partner knows that your core commitment as a BBC leader is to reduce your portfolio-wide energy consumption by 20%. We spend a lot of time on the details. But it's also important to step back and take the long view. This webinar will demonstrate the use of a planning tool developed by Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future (SAHF) that helps you create a strategy for reaching energy or water reduction targets for your portfolio, sort through different conservation options, and make informed choices that demonstrate to decision makers a concrete path to success.
By attending this webinar, participants will:
- Learn how the tool is used to develop a custom strategy to reach your own energy reduction goals
- Compare and contrast different measures, such as energy retrofits, improved O&M, appliance upgrades, resident engagement strategies, solar domestic hot water and solar photovoltaic
- Understand how the tool is used to suit the characteristics of your portfolio, such as property age, financing cycles, and prior efficiency work completed
- Hear from a BBC partner who has used the tool to plan improvements over time
||Jared Lang is the Assistant Vice President of Sustainability of the National Housing Trust, where he is responsible for integrating sustainability and renewable energy into affordable housing projects. Mr. Lang manages the energy and water components of housing development projects, finances large-scale solar installations, and secures public and foundation incentives for energy projects.
||Rebecca Schaaf is the Senior Vice President for Energy at Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future (SAHF). Ms. Schaaf leads SAHF's energy and water conservation initiatives, including the Big Reach, SAHF's collaborative effort with its members to lead the industry in the long-term preservation of affordable housing by reducing energy and water use portfolio-wide by 20% by 2020.
||Caitlin Rood is the National Director of Environmental Sustainability at Mercy Housing, responsible for environmental aspects of all areas of Mercy Housing operations including development, operations and maintenance, resident services, and office practices. Ms. Rood has more than 18 years of sustainability and energy efficiency experience.
About the Technical Assistance Virtual Workshops
Date: Custom scheduling – Contact your BBC Account Manager to register.
Take advantage of free technical assistance virtual workshops to develop your own 20% roadmap. In the weeks after the webinar, two BBC partners at a time will work with experts to enter their energy and water baseline information, current energy consumption, and develop plans for your energy and water efficiency improvements. Our goal is for each partner to leave the workshop with a detailed plan to hit their 20% target. Prerequisites for workshop attendance include:
- Attend the webinar in person or view the recording;
- Have an established baseline year of energy data; and
- Be actively benchmarking your portfolio's utility consumption.
||Date and Time
|BBC Webinar: Roadmap to 20% Energy Savings – A Quantitative Tool to Plan Your Strategy
||February 21, 2018
2:00 - 3:00 PM EST
Training Point of Contact
BBC Energy Savings Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for the BBC "Roadmap to 20% Energy Savings – A Quantitative Tool to Plan Your Strategy" Webinar
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Log In (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in.
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update.
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn.
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class.
If you are unsure if you have a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you'll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.