The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) will hold its 72nd full Council meeting on Monday, November 15 and Wednesday, November 17, 2021, from 1:00 – 5:00 PM EST each day. The meeting will be virtual and interested stakeholders can view the meeting via livestream at www.hhs.gov/live.
During the meeting, the Council will:
- Hear from Admiral Rachel Levine, MD, Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Hear from Mr. Harold Phillips, Director of the White House Office of National AIDS Policy, about the forthcoming updated National HIV/AIDS Strategy
- Consider issues related to the use of molecular HIV surveillance data in HIV cluster detection and response from the perspectives of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local health departments, and community members
- Discuss opportunities for innovative engagement of the private sector in the response to HIV
- Explore how COVID-19 has impacted our HIV work and how that will affect planning for 2022 and beyond
- Share subcommittee reports
- Hear public comment
View the agenda.
The Council welcomes public comments. Although the pre-registration deadline for making public comments live during the meeting has passed, interested parties may submit a written statement to the Council by emailing PACHA@hhs.gov by close of business Wednesday, November 24, 2021.
Learn more about PACHA on HIV.gov, where you can find information about its members, committees, and materials from previous meetings.