February 21, 2018 – 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
Register for the webinar
Every Better Business Challenge (BBC) partner knows that your core commitment as a BBC leader is to reduce your portfolio-wide energy consumption by 20%. We spend a lot of time on the details - the ins and outs of Portfolio Manager, emerging technologies, resident behavior strategies. But it's also important to step back and take the long view. This webinar will demonstrate the use of a planning tool developed by Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future (SAHF) that helps you create a strategy for reaching energy or water reduction targets for your portfolio, sort through different conservations options, and make informed choices that demonstrate to decision makers a concrete path to success.
By attending this webinar, participants will:
- Learn how the tool can be used to develop a customized strategy to reach your own energy reduction goals
- Compare and contrast different measures, such as energy retrofits, improved O&M, appliance upgrades, resident engagement strategies, solar domestic hot water and solar photovoltaic
- Understand how the tool is used to suit the characteristics of your portfolio, such as property age, financing cycles, and prior efficiency work completed
- Hear from a BBC partner who has used the tool to plan improvements over time and how they've benefited from developing a customized plan
By attending this webinar, BBC Multifamily partners may qualify for free technical assistance to assist you in creating your organization's own Roadmap to Energy Savings, tailored to your multifamily housing portfolio. More information will be provided during the webinar.
||Jared Lang is the Assistant Vice President of Sustainability of the National Housing Trust, where he is responsible for integrating sustainability and renewable energy into affordable housing projects. Mr. Lang manages the energy and water components of housing development projects, finances large-scale solar installations, and secures public and foundation incentives for energy projects.
||Rebecca Schaaf is the Senior Vice President for Energy at Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future (SAHF). Ms. Schaaf leads SAHF's energy and water conservation initiatives, including the Big Reach, SAHF's collaborative effort with its members to lead the industry in the long-term preservation of affordable housing by reducing energy and water use portfolio-wide by 20% by 2020.
||Caitlin Rood is the National Director of Environmental Sustainability at Mercy Housing, responsible for environmental aspects of all areas of Mercy Housing operations including development, operations and maintenance, resident services, and office practices. Ms. Rood has more than 18 years of sustainability and energy efficiency experience.
||Date and Time
|Roadmap to 20% Energy Savings – A Quantitative Tool to Plan Your Strategy
||February 21, 2018
2:00 - 3:00 PM EST
Training Point of Contact
BBC Energy Savings Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for the BBC "Roadmap to 20% Energy Savings – A Quantitative Tool to Plan Your Strategy" Webinar
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Log In (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in.
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update.
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn.
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class.
If you are unsure if you have a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you'll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.