On January 7, 2015, Mayor Mitch Landrieu announced that New Orleans had become the first city in the United States to end Veteran homelessness.
This webinar will present specific strategies and actions undertaken in New Orleans that can assist other communities working to achieve these same results.
Presenters include staff from the Mayor’s Office, the City’s housing department, the local Continuum of Care and the local office of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. Panelists will discuss:
- Homelessness strategies which were in place prior to the Mayors Challenge
- Importance of public commitment to the goal
- Acceleration and streamlining of existing processes
- Vital role of coordination and outreach, including working with local military volunteers
- Mid-course corrections needed
- System innovations sustained
Ending Veteran homelessness, as part of ending all homelessness, is an important goal of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and other federal, state, and local agencies. In New Orleans and elsewhere, community efforts were spurred by First Lady Michelle Obama’s national Mayors Challenge to end homelessness among Veterans by 2015.
Join New Orleans stakeholders to learn how they ended veteran homelessness a full year ahead of the national goal.
If you are interested in attending, we invite you to participate in the webinar on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 3:00 PM EDT/ 2:00 PM CDT.
Please note you DO NOT need to register to join this webinar. Instructions to access the webinar directly are provided below. However, if you would like to get credit for this webinar, you may use the link to register.
To Join via Webex
- At least 10 minutes before the start time, log into the webinar.
- Enter your first name, last name, and e-mail address
- Enter the meeting password: NOLA.
- Click Join Now
- WebEx Event Manager software will load; this can take several minutes.
- Then dial the audio-only teleconference line (see below).
To Join via Teleconference (Audio-only)
- Call toll-free: +1-855-797-9485 (US)
- When prompted, enter in the meeting access code: 667168608#
For additional instructions, such as how to ask a question during the webinar session, please visit the Training Course detail page.
Training Point of Contact
TJ Winfield | 240-582-3607 | email@example.com