Please join the Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV & AIDS (PASWHA) and the Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg for an interactive webinar illustrating the path that CrescentCare, a 32 year old New Orleans-based AIDS Service Organization now Federally Qualified Healthcare Center, is taking to ensure the provision of high-quality integrated behavioral health services at its primary care sites. In this webinar, PASWHA aims to set the stage for a deeper dive into clinical social work interventions against the backdrop of the medical model-a position that many programs are considering as behavioral health services move into primary care settings and become positioned as a key component of chronic disease management. This webinar will be followed by brief focus group among participants intended to elicit input for future advanced clinical social work webinar offerings.
By the close of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Clearly articulate the meaning and relevance of the care and services integration continuum,
- Become knowledgeable of emerging behavioral health issues in primary care settings and the ways in which they are addressed, and
- Identify the impacts of the integration of clinical social work into a medical setting.
- Randall Russell, ACSW (Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, FL)
- Lucy Cordts, LCSW (CrescentCare, New Orleans, LA)
- Kelly Waterman, LCSW (CrescentCare, New Orleans, LA)
Friday February 5, 2016 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM CST