The new Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS) update (Release 11.19 scheduled for December 23, 2019) contains an important update for both the Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) and HOPWA-C pathways, impacting formula and competitive HOPWA Grantees. A new field called “Approximate Cost Incurred Date” has been added to the voucher screen for HOPWA. This new field is required to be completed for each HOPWA and HOPWA-C voucher line item when drawing funds.
This new field is intended to identify the approximate date activities took place for which costs were incurred, and for which the Grantee is seeking reimbursement. HUD anticipates this additional data field will be helpful in a number of ways, including supporting Grantee reconciliation of local accounts with IDIS, using as reference documentation for Grantee monitoring of project sponsors, and assisting with HUD reviews of grant activity that occurred in a particular timeframe.
Additionally, the new “Approximate Cost Incurred Date” allows HUD to associate each line item draw with a specific date in a Grantee’s operating and accomplishment year. This added feature will help track the draws, not only by when they were processed in IDIS (“date drawn”), but now also by the approximate date the costs were incurred.
Read HUD’s original announcement about the HOPWA IDIS Update, released on December 16, 2019.
The purpose of this follow-up announcement is to provide initial guidance on the purpose and use of this new data element.
All HOPWA voucher line items are already affiliated with:
- Award Years (for HOPWA formula Grantees) or HOPWA-C Grant Awards (for HOPWA competitive Grantees)
- Date drawdown was completed
The HOPWA IDIS Approximate Cost Incurred Date Functionality attachment goes into details on two questions:
- How will this change affect the HOPWA voucher process?
- What does “approximate cost incurred date” mean and how should it be identified and assigned?
The Office of HIV/AIDS Housing (OHH) will be developing additional guidance on this new IDIS data element, including an update to the IDIS Manual for HOPWA Grantees.
Please submit any questions or concerns to the HOPWA Ask A Question (AAQ) portal.
HOPWA Financial Management Reminders
- Each HOPWA grant has a 3-year period of performance (24 CFR 574.540).
- Grantees should draw quarterly (every 90 days) on each active HOPWA grant within the period of performance per the HOPWA grant agreement.
- Grantees must make payment within 30 calendar days after receipt of the billing of eligible expenses (2CFR200.305(b)(3)) from project sponsors.