CPD Notice-18-05: Unified Funding Agency (UFA)
On April 16, 2018, HUD posted CPD Notice-18-05: Unified Funding Agency (UFA) to the FY 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition: Funding Availability page on the HUD Exchange. This Notice provides the detailed information Collaborative Applicants will need to complete the UFA forms in the FY 2018 CoC Program Registration process once e-snaps is available. While e-snaps is not available now, HUD will issue a separate listserv message when e-snaps is available–including the submission deadline–and post this information to the HUD Exchange.
Grant Inventory Worksheets (GIWs)
The FY 2018 GIWs have been posted to the HUD Exchange for review by CoCs, project applicants, and interested stakeholders. HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) completed a thorough review to ensure all known eligible renewal projects are included on each CoCs GIW for the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition. However, it is the CoC’s responsibility to verify all renewal grants eligible to apply for FY 2018 CoC Program funds are included on the GIW. If an eligible renewal grant is missing from the GIW, record the omitted grant information on the GIW Change Form that is available on the HUD Exchange.
The GIW calculates an Annual Renewal Amount (ARA) for each project, which is the total renewal amount a project may request in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition, and the sum of all renewable budget line items (BLI); e.g., rental assistance, leasing, supportive services. The sum of the project ARAs is then used to calculate the CoC’s Estimated Annual Renewal Demand (ARD).
- The FY 2018 GIWs have been pre-populated with all known grants that are eligible for renewal funding within the CoC’s geographic area in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition.
- Data from FY 2017 GIWS, Line of Credit Control System (LOCCS), and e-snaps was used to review the accuracy of the pre-populated project information.
- The GIWs and a GIW Change Form (to be used for requesting changes to the GIW) are posted to the HUD Exchange.
- CoCs must review the projects on the posted GIW to verify accuracy of the information.
- If a CoC identifies missing projects, projects that should be removed, or projects with information that must be updated (e.g., BLI changes through a grant agreement amendment), the CoC must complete a GIW Change Form and submit it to the local HUD field office for review.
- May 8, 2018 - CoCs must complete GIW reviews and provide any GIW Change Forms to their local HUD field offices. No changes will be accepted by HUD field offices after May 8, 2018. CoCs should not wait to send GIW Change Forms to their local HUD field offices, but rather, begin review and submit early as field offices will review and approve or deny changes before the GIW Change Forms are sent to SNAPS.
- May 28, 2018 - HUD will post all revised GIW revisions to the HUD Exchange no earlier than May 28, 2018. A listserv message will be sent to confirm completion of the FY 2018 GIW process.
The following resources are posted to the HUD Exchange:
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2018 CoC Program Registration process, submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program interim rule or a policy related question, submit your questions to the CoC Program Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the CoC AAQ portal, select “CoC: Continuum of Care Program” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.