This webinar will cover Duplication of Benefits, a federal rule which ensures that Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program funding is only used to address unmet needs and does not duplicate assistance already received for the same purpose.
Participants will learn:
- What constitutes a Duplication of Benefits (DOB)
- How to review various sources of assistance and establish if a DOB exists
- How to calculate DOB
- How to monitor compliance with DOB rules
- What to do when a DOB occurs and how to recapture funds
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for new CDBG-DR and National Disaster Resilience Competition (NDRC) grantee staff. This webinar series is a basic overview of the requirements and key topics listed above. As space permits, partners such as subrecipients and developers may attend and more seasoned CDBG-DR grantee staff.
2016 CDBG-DR Duplication of Benefits Webinar
April 7, 2016
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
How to Register for 2016 CDBG-DR Duplication of Benefits Webinar
To access the registration page, please follow the instructions below carefully.
If you have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Go to the 2016 CDBG-DR Webinar Series page
- Select Register Now, for your preferred webinar located under the heading Schedule of Webinar Deliveries
You will be directed to your preferred webinar's training page
- Select the Register Now button next to the date and time
You will be directed to HUD Exchange Learn, if you are logged into your HUD Exchange account. If you are not logged in, you will be asked to log in before being directed to HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the Class, under the heading Scheduled Classes
- Select the Enroll in this Class button
- Select the Launch button, under the heading Activities
- Complete the webinar sign-in form and click the Register button
You will be sent an email reminder with a personalized link to access the Webinar
If you do not already have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange
- Click Login to My HUD Exchange
- Click Create an Account
- Fill out the Personal Information and Login Information sections
- Click the Step 2 button
- Click the Register button (All fields in Step 2 are optional, and you may register without completing this section.)
- Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email
Please proceed with registration instructions for “If you have a HUD Exchange Account”
Training Point of Contact
CDBG-DR Webinar Series Registrar | Trainings@HUDExchange.info
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.