HUD's Office of Special Needs Assistance (SNAPs) and Office of HIV/AIDS Housing (OHH), are pleased to announce the availability of a recently recorded webinar focused on strategies to increase healthcare insurance enrollment for people who are homeless. This webinar was originally presented live on February 24, 2015 and will provide you with an opportunity to listen to national leaders providing firsthand knowledge and information on how to increase enrollment in Medicaid and other health insurance options for people who are homeless and those living with HIV/AIDS.
- Roula K. Sweis, Supervisory Program Advisor, Office of the Assistant Secretary for HUD, CPD
- Donna Cohen Ross, Director of Outreach Initiatives, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Jessica Kendall, Director of the Enrollment Assister Network at FamiliesUSA
- Barbara DiPietro, Policy Director for the National Health Care for the Homeless Council and also the Senior Director for Policy at the Health Care for the Homeless of Maryland
- Katie League, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator at Baltimore Health Care for the Homeless
- Kristin Lupfer, Director of the SAMHSA SOAR Technical Assistance Center at Policy Research Associates, Inc.
Webinar participants will learn:
- The opportunities available under the Affordable Care Act for the participants in their programs to access health insurance.
- The role of Enrollment Assistors and Navigators in their communities who can help participants enroll in available insurance.
- Successful strategies to conduct outreach, engagement and enrollment on the local level.
- The important link between Social Security Disability and Medicaid, particularly for people with disabilities.
- The impact SOAR technical assistance can have on access to mainstream resources and how CoCs and other Federal grantees can link to existing SOAR resources.
To view the webinar, go to the: Strategies to Increase Health Insurance Enrollment for People Who Are Homeless Webinar course page.