The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program is holding an affinity session during the September 14 -18, 2016 United States Conference on AIDS (USCA). All HOPWA grantees and project sponsors registered and attending USCA are invited to participate.
The session, titled “Housing as a Structural Intervention to End the AIDS Epidemic,” will provide an opportunity for Office of HIV/AIDS Housing staff to meet HOPWA grantees and project sponsors, give program updates, and receive feedback on particular topics. This will be an interactive session with a focus on discussion and receiving feedback. The following topics will be covered during the session:
- New draft of the HOPWA Eligibility Estimate
- Update on the HOPWA Formula Modernization and what it will mean for impacted areas
- Upcoming changes to the HOPWA Annual Performance Report (APR) and Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- Regulatory drafting: a discussion on what the grantee community would like to see addressed in the HOPWA regulatory re-write
The HOPWA-specific affinity session will be held Sunday, September 18 from 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT in room Atlantic 3, 2nd Floor, Convention Center.
Note: The HOPWA affinity session is an official session of USCA. Only registered USCA conference participants can attend. Additionally, this session will only be held in-person and therefore no technology for remote participation will be provided. Those who cannot attend in-person but would still like to submit questions or programmatic comments can text in their feedback using the steps outlined below:
- Open a new blank text message and type 22333 into the phone number field
- Type in the body of the text message HOPWA
- You will immediately get a response: You’ve joined The Office of HIV/AIDS Housing’s session (HOPWA).
- After receiving the automated response, send us any questions or comments about the session topics outlined above. Your feedback will be very useful as HUD develops future guidance documents and other program resources.
Questions/comments submitted through text will be addressed in the session final report.