The FY 2019 Grant Inventory Worksheets (GIWs) have been posted for review by CoCs, project applicants, and interested stakeholders. HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) completed a thorough review to ensure all known eligible renewal projects are included on each CoC’s GIW for the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition. However, it is the CoC’s responsibility to verify all renewal grants eligible to apply for FY 2019 CoC Program funds are included on the GIW. If an eligible renewal grant is missing from the GIW, or if the CoC identifies other changes that are needed, the CoC must use the GIW Change Form and submit it to the local HUD field office.
The GIW calculates an Annual Renewal Amount (ARA) for each project, which is the total renewal amount a project may request in the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition, and the sum of all renewable budget line items (BLI) (e.g., rental assistance, leasing, supportive services). The sum of the project ARAs is then used to calculate the CoC’s Estimated Annual Renewal Demand (ARD).
- The FY 2019 GIWs have been pre-populated with all known grants within the CoC’s geographic area that are eligible for renewal funding in the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition.
- Data from FY 2018 GIWS, Line of Credit Control System (LOCCS), and e-snaps were used to review the accuracy of the pre-populated project information.
- The GIWs and a GIW Change Form to be used for requesting changes to the GIW are posted to the HUD Exchange.
- CoCs must review the projects on the posted GIW to verify accuracy of the information.
- If a CoC identifies missing projects, projects that should be removed, or projects with information that must be updated (e.g., BLI changes through a grant agreement amendment), the CoC must complete a GIW Change Form and submit it to the local HUD field office for review.
- April 17, 2019 – CoCs must complete GIW reviews and provide any GIW Change Forms to their local HUD field offices. No changes will be accepted by HUD field offices after April 17, 2019. CoCs should not wait to send GIW Change Forms to their local HUD field offices, but rather, begin review and submit early as field offices will review and approve or deny changes before the GIW Change Forms are sent to SNAPS.
- May 6, 2019 – HUD will post all revised GIWs to the HUD Exchange no earlier than May 6, 2019. A listserv message will be sent to confirm completion of the FY 2019 GIW process.
GIW Additional Resources
The following resources are available:
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2019 CoC Program Registration process, submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program interim rule or a policy related question, submit your questions to the CoC Program AAQ portal. To submit a question to the CoC AAQ portal, select “CoC: Continuum of Care Program” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you are aware or suspect that the Collaborative Applicant for your CoC is not currently receiving these listserv messages, please forward the following link so the Collaborative Applicant can register to receive listserv messages as this is the only form HUD uses to communicate CoC Program information to the public: https://www.hudexchange.info/mailinglist/.