HHS Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP) is hosting an informational webinar on the new U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) program, which provides PrEP to people with no prescription drug coverage who can benefit from taking PrEP!
This webinar will provide information on:
- The Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America initiative (EHE) and how the PrEP program supports that effort
- The role of PrEP as a tool to help end the HIV epidemic in the United States
- Goals, qualifications, and resources for the program
- Ways in which the HIV community and stakeholders can share information about the program and help qualified individuals to enroll
The webinar will also include a Q&A session.
The webinar will take place on Friday, November 15, 2019 from 2:30-3:30 PM EST.
Registration is required, and participation is limited to the first 2,000 registrants.
Invited speakers include:
- Tammy Beckham, DVM, PhD, Director, OIDP, HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- Harold Philips, MRP, Senior HIV Advisor for OIDP and Chief Operating Officer for EHE
- Federal officials from the Health Resources and Services Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
To learn more about EHE, visit HIV.gov.