U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development
Rural Gateway Peer-to-Peer Conference Call
A Discussion of USDA Rural Development Areas of Focus
Date: April 10, 2014
Time: 3:00 pm EDT
The Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development (ORHED) invite you to take part in our next Peer-to-Peer conference call. Scheduled for April 10, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, this call will offer participants the opportunity to engage in a conversation about several areas of focus for USDA Rural Development in 2014.
Rural Development is dedicated to improving the quality of life in rural America. Through Rural Development, USDA provides financial and technical assistance to rural businesses, municipalities, non-profit organizations and individuals through grants, loans and loan guarantees. This support is critical for business development, critical infrastructure, housing, renewable energy, local food systems development and capacity building in rural America.
Join HUD's Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development (ORHED), and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development (USDA – RD) staff as we engage in an open forum about several areas of focus for RD for 2014:
- Community economic development and creating ladders of opportunity
- Bioeconomy and investing in emerging economic opportunities
- Local and regional food systems
Speakers will include:
- Valerie G. Piper, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, Community Planning and Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Jackie L. Williams, Ph.D., Director, Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development, Community Planning and Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Elanor Starmer, National Coordinator and Advisor to the Secretary, Local and Regional Food Systems, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Glenda Humiston, California State Director, U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
Format of the call:
Call-in instructions and additional materials will be emailed to participants on April 9, 2014. The 60 minute call will include presentations and a Q&A session.
Please RSVP by email to email@example.com no later than 10 a.m. EDT on April 9, 2014. Please include your name, organization, city, and state.
If you have questions, call 1-877-RURAL-26 (1-877-787-2526).