HUD is pleased to announce the release of the FY 2019 Mainstream Voucher Program Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) (FR-6300-N-43). Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) may apply for funds through this NOFA to assist non-elderly persons with disabilities. HUD expects to award $150 million, which will house approximately 18,000 families.
PHAs will receive additional points if they agree to adopt a preference for their housing choice voucher program for one or more targeted groups, including those who are:
- Transitioning out of institutional or other segregated settings
- At serious risk of institutionalization
- Currently experiencing homelessness
- Previously experienced homelessness and currently a client in a permanent supportive housing or rapid rehousing project
- At risk of experiencing homelessness
PHAs are encouraged to develop or continue partnerships with health and human services agencies to provide participants with voluntary supportive services and increase program access. Please send questions to MainstreamVouchers@hud.gov.
HUD will post a pre-recorded webinar on the NOFA within the next two weeks. The webinar will be posted to the Mainstream Voucher Program webpage and will be announced via the Mainstream Vouchers listserv.
Applications are due September 5, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time and must be submitted through Grants.gov. To find the NOFA on Grants.gov, search by the CFDA number: 14.879.