Are you ready to attend the third of the four-part webinar series titled Housing + Employment Works? The series focuses on how Continuum of Care (CoC) leadership, CoC program recipients, and local workforce professionals can more effectively provide employment supports for homeless and at-risk job seekers.The webinar series is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH).
This webinar, Employment Assessment in Coordinated Entry Systems, will be held on Thursday, June 16, from 1:00 to 2:30 PM EDT.
- Gary Grier, Program Manager, Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County, Houston, Texas
- Danielle Winslow, Family Homelessness Initiative, Project Manager II, All Home (formerly the Committee to End Homelessness), Seattle, Washington
The Webinar Will Cover:
- Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA) work-based training opportunities for youth and adults;
- The benefits of assessing employment at the front end; and
- How two communities developed and implemented employment assessment in their coordinated entry systems.
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM EDT
Visit the event registration page.
After submitting the registration form, you should receive an e-mail within minutes that includes instructions on how to access the webinar. This e-mail will be sent to the address you enter on the registration form. If you do not receive this information, please check your spam folder. For technical support concerning registration, please contact George Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remaining Webinars in the Housing + Employment Works Series:
Systems Performance Measures Around Employment and Income Maximization, August 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM EDT
This webinar will emphasize the reasons why employment and measuring income outcomes are important. In the new day of accountability, funding recipients need to consider the income of program participants as key to long-term housing stability and affordability. You will hear how communities are measuring employment outcomes and the benefits to the CoC.
Sign up for the HUD Exchange Mailing List to learn about future webinars.