This position is in the Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD), Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS).
CPD seeks to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expand economic opportunities for low and moderate-income persons. The primary means toward this end is the development of partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and non-profit organizations. SNAPS assists with programs to meet the needs of people experiencing homelessness.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop policy recommendations for SNAPS
- Develop regulations, handbooks, notices or memoranda to promulgate policy
- Research and conduct analyses of the causes of homelessness, and the relationship of national welfare policy and poverty programs to homelessness and makes appropriate recommendations
- Solicit input from grantees, applicants, providers and all levels of government to develop policy recommendations responsive to resolution of the homelessness problem
- Identify technical assistance needs of grantees and providers and then develop and prepare for promulgation such assistance
- Review policy from other offices in HUD or other Federal agencies that affect people experiencing homelessness and make appropriate recommendations
Close Date: March 13, 2018
View the Job Opportunity: Special Needs Assistance Specialist.