HUD has published frequently asked questions (FAQs) for the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP). View the YHDP FAQs by visiting the YHDP FAQs page on the HUD Exchange.
Topics addressed in this set include:
- General YHDP Application Information;
- Applicant Eligibility;
- Eligible Activities;
- Other HUD Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) Requirements; and
- Award Information.
The FAQs posted on the HUD Exchange include all of the FAQs in the PDF version, published in August 2016, as well as 6 new and updated FAQs regarding eligible applicants and activities:
- FAQ 2964: How is HUD defining a “rural” community when considering the four rural communities that will be selected to participate in the YHDP? How can I find out if my community will be considered a rural community?
- FAQ 3018: Can two or more Collaborative Applicants submit one application together?
- FAQ 3019: Can service providers from another Continuum of Care (CoC) be a part of a CoC’s application?
- FAQ 3020: Can funds from the YHDP NOFA be used outside of the geographic boundary of the awarded CoC?
- FAQ 3021: Can the lead agency receive funding via this NOFA to pay for the staff they would be committing to this project?
- FAQ 3022: Can the Planning Grant cover costs for Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members to be paid a stipend to attend YAB meetings and other activities related to the development and implementation of the Community Plan?
If you have a question that is not answered by the existing FAQs, please submit your question to the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Ask A Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange website. Make sure that the text of your question includes “YHDP” so that it will be appropriately routed to the YHDP team. To submit a question to the CoC Program AAQ portal, select “CoC Program” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
YHDP is an exciting new initiative designed to reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness in 10 participating communities (4 will be rural). The YHDP NOFA was published on August 22, 2016. CoC Collaborative Applicants must apply by the submission deadline of Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM EST. The YHDP page provides guidance and tools to assist communities interested in learning more and applying to the program.