Part of WaterNow's ongoing Tap into Resilience series, this webinar explored how local leaders can leverage HUD loans for innovative water infrastructure investments. WaterNow's Tap into Resilience initiative provides water leaders the resources they need to invest in affordable, climate resilient solutions to meet a broad range of water management challenges.
This webinar featured one of these investment options – HUD's Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program. This federal loan program can be used to address community resilience projects aimed at benefiting low- and moderate-income communities and for organizations looking to improve water systems. Eligible projects include waterfront fortification, green infrastructure improvements, and water infrastructure improvements.
- Seema Thomas, Deputy Director, Financial Management Division, HUD
- Erik Pechuekonis, CPD Specialist, HUD Representative from Mount Vernon, WA
- Marty Dubroff, CPD Specialist, HUD
- Esco Bell, Public Works Director, City of Mount Vernon, WA
- Caroline Koch, Water Policy Director, WaterNow Alliance