On April 9, 2018, HUD published a Federal Register Notice announcing vacancies on the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee (HCFAC). HUD is seeking nominations to fill 8 vacancies. Of the 8 new members, 2 each must represent one of the following 4 categories: mortgage industry, real estate industry, consumers, and HUD-approved housing counseling agencies. Individuals may nominate themselves.
Nominations to the HCFAC must be submitted via HUD Form 90005 which is available on the Office of Housing Counseling’s Federal Advisory Committee webpage. Each nominee will be required to provide all the information on HUD Form 90005, as well as the following information:
- Name, title, and organization of the nominee and a narrative description of how the applicant is representative of at least one of the following 4 categories: mortgage industry, real estate industry, consumers, and HUD-approved housing counseling agencies;
- Nominee’s mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- A narrative statement summarizing the nominee’s qualifications, unique experiences, skills and knowledge the individual will bring to the HCFAC and reasons why the nominee should be appointed to the HCFAC;
- A statement agreeing to submit to any pre-appointment screenings HUD might require of Special Government Employees, as defined in 18 U.S.C. 202;
- A statement confirming that the nominee is not a registered federal lobbyist; and
- The Nominee’s signature and date.
Applications are due no later than May 09, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM EDT. Incomplete applications may be rejected from further review. Nominations must be submitted via email to: HCFAC.email@example.com. Individuals that do not have internet access may submit nominations Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Housing Counseling, HUD, 451 7th Street SW, Room 9224, Washington DC 20410.
Please see Information for the Public on the HCFAC and Application for Membership for more information on the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee.