To assist communities in preparing for conducting their 2018 Homeless Point-in-Time (PIT) and Housing Inventory Count (HIC), the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has developed a training on the data collection requirements.
Continuums of Care (CoCs) will submit their HIC and PIT count data via HUD's Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) in the Spring following the count. This data is an important aspect of the annual CoC Program Competition each year. Additional guidance on the submission process will be released at a future date.
Participants will learn:
- What data needs to be collected for the HIC
- What data needs to be collected for the PIT count
- Changes to the HIC for 2018
- Changes to the PIT count for 2018
- A review of frequently asked PIT count and HIC questions
- Where to access resources and guidance for the 2018 HIC and PIT count
Webinar materials will be posted to the HUD Exchange Trainings page as they become available.
Who Should Attend
The webinar is relevant for anyone who collects and submits HIC and PIT count data in the HDX. The webinar and Q&A session will provide a valuable opportunity to learn about what data needs to be collected and to address any CoC questions related to the HIC and PIT count.
||Date and Time
|Preparing for 2018 Housing Inventory and Point-in-Time Count
||November 28, 2017
1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
Training Point of Contact
Tracy D’Alanno | 301-347-5798 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for the Preparing for Your 2018 HIC and PIT Count Training
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required
Access the registration page using the registration link above and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Log In (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in.
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update.
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn.
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class.
If you are unsure if you have a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you'll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.