All Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) grantees that received an award since 2011 must demonstrate compliance with Most Impacted and Distressed (MID) area spending “threshold” requirements (the amount of CDBG-DR funds required to be spent in MID areas). MID threshold requirements are unique to each appropriation and are contained in applicable Federal Register Notices (e.g. 80% of CDBG-DR award must be spent in MID areas). Until now, grantees demonstrated compliance with this requirement outside of the Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting (DRGR) System. DRGR was enhanced in Release 7.13 with the following functions to track compliance with and progress toward meeting MID threshold requirements:
- The Most Impacted and Distressed Target Thresholds will appear on the DRGR Grant screen (entered by HUD)
- CDBG-DR grantee users must add Most Impacted and Distressed Budgets on the Edit Activity screens in the Action Plan (just like budgeting funds to an activity)
- CDBG-DR grantee users must add Most Impacted and Distressed Expenditures on the Edit Activity screens in the Quarterly Performance Report (QPR) (just like reporting expenditures for an activity)
A webinar will be held on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM EDT.
Accessing the Webinar. You do not need to pre-register. Please access the webinar a few minutes before 2:00 PM EDT on April 17, 2018, enter your name and email address, and then select ‘Register’ to join the webinar. You may be prompted to download the Citrix software before joining. Access the webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2239156919307265283
Audio: You must click the join link first in order to access the audio. Audio information will be displayed on the GoToWebinar control panel once you successfully join the webinar. We have also provided call-in information below if you are unable to join the webinar link above. To access the audio, you may either call in via phone or use your computer speakers. You can select either option under the Audio section of the GoToWebinar control panel. For phone audio, the call-in information will be displayed there as well.
United States: +1 (213) 929-4221
Access Code: 158-717-734
Questions about Webinar: If you have any questions, please contact Hana Nelson at email@example.com.
This requirement applies to all grantees that received an award for the following disaster events. The Federal Register that contains the MID requirement (and threshold amount) for each grantee is also listed. Links to Federal Registers can be found on the CDBG-DR Laws, Regulations, and Federal Register Notices webpage.
||Federal Register containing MID Threshold
|2011 Multiple Disaster Events
||77 FR 60708 dated October 4, 2012
|2011-2013 Multiple Disaster Events
| 2011-2012 Disaster Events
||78 FR 32262 dated May 29, 2013
| 2013 Disaster Events
||80 FR 1039 dated January 8, 2015
| 2013 Hurricane Sandy
||79 FR 62182 dated October 16, 2014
|2015 Hurricane Joaquin, Hurricane Patricia, and Other Disaster Events
||81 FR 39687 dated June 17, 2016
82 FR 36812 dated August 7, 2017
|2016 Louisiana Floods and Other Disaster Events
||81 FR 83254 dated November 21, 2016
82 FR 5591 dated January 18, 2017
82 FR 36812 dated August 7, 2017
|2017 Multiple Disaster Events
||83 FR 5844 dated February 9, 2018
82 FR 61320 dated December 7, 2017 (TX only)
All applicable CDBG-DR grantees must enter MID activity budgets in the DRGR Action Plan by June 30, 2018 and MID activity expenditures in the QPR due July 30, 2018 for all active CDBG-DR grants.
How to Update MID Thresholds in DRGR
There are two ways grantees can update MID activity budgets and expenditures in DRGR:
- Manually (most familiar): This fact sheet shows how to enter MID activity budgets in the DRGR Action Plan (edit Action Plan Activity screen) and MID activity expenditures in the DRGR QPR (edit QPR Activity screen).
- Uploads (recommended): The upload templates allow grantees to update all activities at once by completing and uploading the following upload templates:
- The Edit Activity template allows grantees to add MID activity budgets to existing activities. Activities for multiple grants can be updated at the same time.
- The Power QPR Activity template allows grantees to add MID activity expenditures to all activities in the DRGR QPR. Activities for multiple grants can be updated at the same time.
Instructions on how to perform DRGR uploads are contained in the DRGR User Manual. Grantees should upload both templates under Admin Upload Batch Data (shown on page 9-7).
Grantees can view MID threshold budget and expenditure data entered into DRGR and confirm accuracy/completeness by viewing Fin Rept 06c in MicroStrategy. As a reminder, all data entered into DRGR updates in MicroStrategy overnight.
Questions and Technical Assistance
If grantees have questions about this requirement, they should contact their CPD Representative. If grantees need help with entering the data into DRGR, they should contact the DRGR AAQ.