This training provides answers to common Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) questions and highlights the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) interpretation of key policy issues.
Participants will learn:
- CDBG National Objectives & Eligible Activities
- Program Administration & Financial Management
- Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS) Performance Measurement & Reporting/Recordkeeping
- CDBG-Disaster Recovery (DR) eligible activities and requirements
- State CDBG basic requirements
This is a 3-day training, with an additional half day covering State CDBG requirements. The training includes a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises.
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for all States & Entitlement grantees. Please note that each grantee is limited initially to one (1) staff member.
This training will include a half-day session for State grantees on Day 1 (May 1, 2017). Entitlement grantees do not need to attend Day 1.
Schedule of Training Deliveries
|New Orleans, LA
||March 13-15, 2017
||March 27-30, 2017
|VTC in Fort Worth, TX
||**March 27-30, 2017
||May 1 - 4, 2017
*With VTC in Fort Worth, TX
**For those attending the training through VTC in Fort Worth, TX, please note the time zone difference (MST vs. CST)
State grantees are encouraged to attend the Denver and Atlanta trainings, which will include modules specifically for States.
Please note, your request to register for the class does not guarantee confirmation. You will receive confirmation email entitled “Confirmation: Basically CDBG” once your enrollment has been approved. Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive an email confirmation notice. HUD cannot be responsible for penalties incurred due to cancelled arrangements.
After each grantee’s first registration request, additional CDBG staff will be waitlisted and will only be permitted to register if the training does not reach capacity. Due to the limited availability of training seats, for-profit corporations, consultants, and consulting firms are not permitted to register for Basically CDBG classes. CDBG grant administrators and units of general local government receiving State CDBG funds may be permitted to attend on a case by case basis.
The first round of registration for the Atlanta, GA training closes on March 8, 2017. HUD will review the registration request list at this time and send out the first round of confirmations. Registrations may be accepted after that date, but we cannot guarantee that there will still be available space.
Training Point of Contact
Anne Jordan | 202-649-3917 | email@example.com
Registering for the 2017 Basically CDBG for Entitlement & State Grantees - Atlanta, GA - May 1 - 4, 2017
Access the registration page using one of the links listed below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
If you have not yet registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info).
- Click Log In (at the upper right).
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class
If you are unsure if you have a HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Trainings.