HUD appreciates the tremendous work each CoC dedicated to serving the homeless, especially with the 2013 Housing Inventory Count (HIC) and Point-in-Time (PIT) Count. HUD will be opening the HUD Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) on Monday, April 1 for your data submission for the 2013 Housing Inventory Count (HIC) and Point-in-Time (PIT) Count and will be providing a webinar to discuss the data submission process.
1. Submitting 2013 Data to HUD
All CoCs must submit 2013 HIC and PIT data to HUD via HUD’s Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX).
CoCs will be able to enter data beginning Monday, April 1, 2013, and must submit final data by Tuesday, April 30, 2013.
Submitting the HIC and the PIT data in HDX is a 2-PART SUBMISSION process. CoCs must submit HIC data from the HIC Reporting Status page and the PIT data from the PIT Reporting Status page by the submission deadline (April 30, 2013) in order for your submission to be considered complete.
2. 2013 Housing Inventory Count and Point-in-Time Count Data Submission Webinar
HUD will be hosting a webinar on April 2, 2013 from 3:30 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. EDT to demonstrate to communities how to enter (and update) their HIC and PIT count data in HUD’s Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX). All questions regarding the HDX and/or questions regarding the methodology for collecting data should be submitted via OneCPD Ask a Question on the OneCPD Resource Exchange.
Register now for the 2013 HIC and PIT Data Submission Webinar.
View instructions on how to register for webinars on the OneCPD Resource Exchange.
3. Continuum of Care HDX Registration Process
The primary contact for each CoC is responsible for ensuring that the 2013 HIC and PIT data is entered completely and accurately in the HDX. CoCs that need to make changes to their read, write, or submit authorities may do so by registering new users or deleting unauthorized users. CoCs who need to update their primary contact should attach a written request on letterhead that is signed by an authorized person for the CoC (e.g., board chair, executive director) through OneCPD Ask a Question, under the “Continuum of Care Program” option, that includes:
Name of former primary contact and new primary contact
e-snaps user id of former person and e-snaps user id of new person, if the number has already been assigned
CoC Name and Number
New primary contact’s information, including phone, position, email address and mailing address
Reason for request
To register new users, follow these steps:
1. Create User Accounts via HUDHDX.info: All users who need read, write, or submit authority for the HDX must establish a user account at the HUDHDX.info Create an Account page. Users who already have an HDX.info account do not need to re-register.
2. Assigning HDX Access Rights: Once a user account has been created, the CoC primary contact can assign the appropriate level of access to each HDX module for each user on the HDX Admin page by clicking the ‘Add User’ button on the bottom of the page. The primary contact must enter each user’s first name, last name, and email address.
NOTE: If the CoC primary contact adds a user who has not yet created an account, an alert will appear informing the primary contact that the person has not yet registered. The CoC primary contact may notify users who have not yet created an account and ask them to register at HUDHDX.info. After creating an account, the user will be able to log in to the HDX.
Please look for updated data submission guidance in the coming weeks on the OneCPD Resource Exchange and the homepage of the Homelessness Data Exchange.