Dear Multifamily Housing Colleagues,
At the end of 2020, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced the creation of a Better Buildings Challenge Multifamily Steering Committee and received nominations from Multifamily Challenge partners across the U.S. to serve on this inaugural committee. The purpose of the Steering Committee is to ensure that Better Buildings Challenge activities are responsive to the needs of multifamily partners.
I am honored to have been selected as your first Steering Committee Chair. I have served as Mercy Housing’s National Environmental Sustainability Director for nearly 8 years, and am proud that in 2020, Mercy Housing became a Better Buildings Goal Achiever - among the first national multifamily organizations in the U.S. to achieve this designation. I look forward to learning what issues, challenges, or solutions in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and carbon reduction you would like the program to address in webinars, the Better Buildings Summit, or other program initiatives.
2020 - 2022 Steering Committee Members
- Beth Keel, San Antonio Housing Authority
- Caitlin Rood, Mercy Housing
- Dan Kuleff, Fort Wayne Housing Authority
- Elizabeth Merzigian, Peabody Properties
- Ilene Mason, Rethinking Power Management
- Julie Klump, Preservation of Affordable Housing
- Keith Caldwell, Human Good
- Lauren Zullo, Jonathan Rose
- Rebecca Schaaf, Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future
- Ruchi Shah, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Sandra Santos-Garcia, Jersey City Housing Authority
- Tabetha McCartney, 2Life Communities
If you have not already, please mark your calendars for the 2021 Better Buildings, Better Plants Virtual Summit with great offerings planned for the multifamily sector. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.
National Sustainability Director
BBC Multifamily Better Buildings Multifamily Sector Chair