Throughout this year, HUD will conduct three additional virtual deliveries of the Building HOME training. Each series will include the following:
- Four weekly, two hour sessions that are held on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- One hour office hour sessions that are held on Thursdays from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM Eastern Time, to review homework and answer questions related to that week’s materials; for example Office hours will be held from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM Eastern Time on March 17, 2016 following the March 16, 2016 webinar.
This course is a prerequisite for all other HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) topical courses. The virtual delivery of Building HOME provides an overview of the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program, including the latest requirements codified in the July 24, 2013 HOME Final Rule. This course is an introduction to the HOME Program inclusive of all of the new regulatory changes, but in a modified format for a virtual delivery. Participants will become familiar with all program activities, including homeowner and homebuyer, rental housing, tenant-based rental assistance, and Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) activities.
Who Should Attend
The Building HOME Webinar Series is relevant to Participating Jurisdiction (PJ) staff, Subrecipients, and CHDOs. This webinar is limited to 300 participants and registration for this training will close 24 hours before the webinar begins.
Note: This is a four-week presentation of the Building HOME training. Sessions take place via webinar technology on the dates listed below.
||March 16, 23, 30 and April 6
||May 4, 11, 18, 25
||September 7, 14, 21, 28
||Save the Date
*Registration for this series will open at a later date
Participants are expected to attend all four sessions in the series. Participants must register as instructed below, for the completion of the series to qualify as a pre-requisite for future HOME certification. Although some PJ staff may participate in a group setting, each participant will need to register individually as instructed below for completion of the series and to satisfy the requirement of Building HOME as a prerequisite for all HOME topical courses.
To access the registration page, please follow the instructions below carefully.
If you have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Select the Register Now button next to the date and time
You will be directed to HUD Exchange Learn, if you are logged into your HUD Exchange account. If you are not logged in, you will be asked to log in before being directed to HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the Class, under Scheduled Classes
- Select the Enroll button
- Select the Launch
- Complete the registration form and click the Register button
You will be sent an email reminder with a personalized link to access the Webinar
If you do not already have a HUD Exchange Account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info)
- Click Login to My HUD Exchange
- Click Create an Account
- Fill out the Personal Information and Login Information sections
- Click the Step 2 button
- Click the Register button (All fields in Step 2 are optional, and you may register without completing this section.)
- Your account has been created. You will receive a confirmation email
Please proceed with registration instructions for “If you have a HUD Exchange Account”
Training Point of Contact
Catianne Ngante | 703-225-2390 | Catianne.Ngante@icfi.com
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.