HUD has released new resources to support grantees in using the eCon Planning Suite and completing their Consolidated Plans and Annual Action Plans. These products include two toolkits and a series of short video tutorials.
Guide to the Data Driven Toolkit in CPD Maps
HUD has released two toolkits. The first is the Guide to the Data Driven Toolkit in CPD Maps. This toolkit provides instructions for using the Data Toolkit Widget in CPD Maps to analyze data to inform the Consolidated Plan process.
Citizen Participation and Consultation Toolkit
The Citizen Participation and Consultation Toolkit provides tips and guides for assessing existing citizen participation and consultation activities and using the eCon Planning Suite to support these efforts. A set of quick-start guides describes activities that could be incorporated to enhance grantees' citizen participation and consultation processes.
These short video demonstrations – e-tutorials – show how to use specific features of CPD Maps and the Consolidated Plan Template in IDIS. The following e-tutorials are now available on the OneCPD Resource Exchange:
- Adding Maps and Data to the Consolidated Plan Template in IDIS
- Using Alternate Data in the Consolidated Plan Template
- Tips for Formatting the Consolidated Plan Template in Word
- Setting up Geographic Target Areas in the Strategic Plan
- Managing Development of a Consortia Consolidated Plan
- Setting Up a Regional Consolidated Plan
- Amending a Consolidated Plan or Action Plan in IDIS
- Consolidated Plan Goals and Accomplishments Microstrategy Report
- CPD Maps Upload Point File Widget
- Configuring Maps in CPD Maps to Tell a Story
- Analyzing State Data: Multi-County Reports and Data Analysis
- Using CPD Maps to Display State Needs Assessment and Market Analysis Data
View the eCon Planning Suite e-Tutorials.
HUD has moved the Consolidated Plan content on the HUD.gov website to the OneCPD Resource Exchange. All of these new resources, guidance, trainings, news updates, and more are available on the OneCPD Consolidated Plan resource pages.