The Pay for Success Permanent Supportive Housing Demonstration Notice of Funding Availability (PFS Demonstration NOFA) has been posted to Grants.gov. PFS Demonstration application materials are now available on Grants.gov.
Friday, February 12, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014 (Pub.L. 113-76) and the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 (Pub. L. 113-235) authorized the Department of Justice (DOJ) to make funds available for this PFS initiative implementing the PSH model for a population continuously cycling between the criminal justice system and homeless services. DOJ and HUD entered into an interagency agreement that designates HUD as the agency responsible for implementing the PFS Demonstration and through this NOFA, HUD is making $8,679,000 available.
- All applicants should carefully and thoroughly read the following:
What is Pay for Success?
Pay for Success is an innovative financing model that leverages philanthropic and private dollars to provide assistance up front, with the government paying after they generate results. Unlike programs structured around processes rather than measurable results, PFS provides greater flexibility for state, local, and tribal governments to implement evidence-based solutions, carefully test promising innovations, and scale programs that work.
The PFS Demonstration is an opportunity to test the effectiveness of using a PFS financing model to fund PSH using a Housing First approach for the target population: people experiencing homelessness with frequent contact with the criminal justice, homeless services, and health care systems.
Join the HUD Exchange Mailing List to receive important updates and reminders about the PFS Demonstration. HUD will communicate via listserv messages:
- Due date reminders – it is the sole responsibility of applicants to submit the PFS Demonstration application and all application materials by the due date and time.
- Availability of application resource materials
- Important updates or additional information
To sign up for the mailing list, visit the HUD Exchange Mailing List Subscribe Page, enter the required fields, select "Pay For Success" from the list of topics, and click "Subscribe to list."
Application Resources on Grants.gov
The following PFS Demonstration Application resources are, or will be, posted on the Grants.gov website. HUD will also post links to these resources on the PFS Demonstration landing page on the HUD Exchange.
- If you have questions pertaining to Grants.gov technical issues, please contact the website support team via the following methods:
- If you have questions related to the PFS Demonstration NOFA or application, please submit your questions to the Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs at Marlisa.M.Grogan@hud.gov and Deanna.Reed@hud.gov. However, please note that HUD staff cannot assist applicants in preparing their applications.
- Questions regarding the 2015 NOFA General Section should be directed to the Grants Management Office (202) 708-0667 (this is not a toll-free number). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number via TTY by calling the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.