This message only applies to Continuums of Care (CoCs) Collaborative Applicants. This is Phase 2 of the CoC Program Registration process in which CoCs will review HUD’s determination.
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 CoC Review step is now available for all CoCs, except for Collaborative Applicants that requested Unified Funding Agency (UFA) designation.
No CoCs requested High Performing Community (HPC) designation.
CoC Review Availability and Due Dates
||Review Date Availability
|Regular, non-UFA designation
||March 31, 2020
||April 17, 2020 by 5:00 PM EDT
|UFA designation requests
||April 14, 2020
||April 28, 2020 by 5:00 PM EDT
As with Phase 1 of CoC registration, Collaborative Applicants do not have to complete the CoC Review step. However, Collaborative Applicants that requested UFA designation must complete the CoC Review step. HUD will not automatically move your CoC Review forward.
Collaborative Applicants can access e-snaps at https://esnaps.hud.gov to review HUD’s determination and either agree and submit, at which point the CoC registration is final, or disagree and submit, at which point the registration will be returned to HUD for one final review and then returned to the Collaborative Applicant for approval.
All regular, non-UFA designation, registrations that have not been submitted by 5:00 PM EDT on April 17, 2020 will be moved forward by HUD by Close of Business (COB) on Monday, April 20, 2020 as approved.
CoC Review Step Instructions
Step 1: Log in to e-snaps and review the following:
- Collaborative Applicant designation as “CA” for Collaborative Applicant or “UFA” for Unified Funding Agency.
- CoC claimed geography to ensure that all geographic codes located within the CoC’s geographic area have been claimed and any changes that may have been made by HUD after consultation with the CoC’s Collaborative Applicant are accurate.
Step 2: Either approve or disagree with the information reviewed in Step 1.
- If the Collaborative Applicant agrees, it submits approval in e-snaps at which point the FY 2020 CoC Program Registration process is complete, and the Collaborative Applicant will have access to the FY 2020 CoC Consolidated Application when the FY 2020 CoC Program Competition opens.
- If the Collaborative Applicant disagrees, it submits the CoC Review with disapproval, at which point HUD will review one final time.
Step 3: Only for Collaborative Applicants that disagreed with HUD's decision in Step 2.
- If the Collaborative Applicant disputes any part of the CoC Review, HUD will review one last time and consider the Collaborative Applicant’s proposed changes.
- HUD will notify the Collaborative Applicant via e-mail that a final determination has been made.
- The Collaborative Applicant will need to log into e-snaps to access the CoC Review HUD Final Decision step and select “Submit.”
- If the Collaborative Applicant agrees and submits approval in e-snaps, HUD will provide access to the FY 2020 CoC Consolidated Application when the FY 2020 CoC Program Competition opens.
- If the Collaborative Applicant disagrees in this step, the e-snaps system will generate a rejection letter and the Collaborative Applicant will not have access to the FY 2020 CoC Consolidated Application.
All disputes must be resolved and approved by the due date listed in the above chart.
A Collaborative Applicant has only one opportunity to dispute HUD’s determination.
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2020 CoC Program Registration process, submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program interim rule or a policy related question, submit your questions to the CoC Program AAQ portal. To submit a question to the CoC AAQ portal, select “CoC: Continuum of Care Program” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you are aware or suspect that the Collaborative Applicant for your CoC is not currently receiving these listserv messages, please forward the following link so the Collaborative Applicant can register to receive listserv messages as this is the only form HUD uses to communicate CoC Program information to the public: https://www.hudexchange.info/mailinglist/.