HUD has posted an updated version of Using IDIS Online for the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program on the HUD Exchange. The manual assumes that readers have basic knowledge of how to navigate the system.
ESG Program recipients use the Integrated Disbursement and Information System Online (IDIS) to draw program funds. This manual provides step-by-step instructions along with corresponding screenshots to assist users with routine functions, including:
- Setting up projects, activities, and the administration subfund;
- Funding activities and drawing down funds;
- Completing activities in IDIS;
- Using MicroStrategy reports developed for ESG; and
- Navigating between eCon Planning Suite and IDIS project and activity set-up processes.
This update replaces all previous versions, the most recent of which is titled Using IDIS Online for the Emergency Solutions Grants Program (last updated September 2012). This revised version:
- Updates Section 6.1 to include information on grant based accounting;
- Updates Section 8.2 with instructions for revising vouchers;
- Adds new guidance on ESG reports: PR92 and PR93; and
- Incorporates 11.15 system release updates for IDIS.
If you have questions about the ESG Program or IDIS, please submit them through the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. On Step 2 of the question submission process, select “ESG” or “IDIS” in the “My question is related to” dropdown.