This prerecorded webinar gives an overview of the groundbreaking grant program, The Sustainable Communities Initiative. The webinar will touch upon the lessons learned from this program and highlights from locally-led collaborative efforts that brought together diverse interests from the many municipalities in a region to determine how best to target housing, economic and workforce development, and infrastructure investments to create more jobs and regional economic activity. This webinar also explores how the SCI grantees developed the Six Livability Principles into strategies that direct long-term development and reinvestment and used data to set and monitor progress towards performance goals.
Participants will learn:
- How this innovative program surfaced important lessons that can improve community resilience
- How grantees engaged representative leadership
- Different grantees creative roadmaps to economic prosperity
- Specific success stories from communities across the county
Training Point of Contact
Sandy Patel | 210-710-7821| Spatel@tdainc.org
Access the Webinar
- Go to the Course detail page
- Watch the Recorded Webinar
- Review the Supportive Materials
- Select the Get Credit Button
Note: You need a HUD Exchange Learn Account to Get Credit for this training
Additional instructions and screenshots are available in the HUD Exchange Learn User Guide. After you have successfully registered for HUD Exchange Learn, you can register for upcoming trainings/webinars.