HUD continues to receive important questions from communities regarding the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program through the OneCPD Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. This week, a new set of 10 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for ESG has been posted. These and other ESG FAQs can be found by visiting the ESG FAQs page
on the OneCPD Resource Exchange.
Topics addressed in this set include:
- Designating the HMIS and HMIS lead agency
- Recording program participants served through match dollars in the CAPER
- ESG expenditure deadlines
- Acceptable forms and methodology to track staff time spent on ESG activities
- Using ESG funds to pay for vehicle registration or gasoline as part of a program participant’s moving expenses
- Using ESG funds to pay for mortgage assistance
- Using ESG funds to provide utilities assistance for homeowners at risk of losing their housing
- Using ESG funds to cover fees and/or security deposits for a service animal
- Appropriate protocol for security/utility deposits when a program participant leaves the program
If you have a question that is not answered by the existing FAQs, please submit your question through the OneCPD AAQ portal
. On Step 2 under "My question is related to", select ESG: Emergency Solutions Grants.
The OneCPD Homelessness Assistance Programs
page provides information on assisting people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. It contains program guidance and homelessness resources for Federal Agencies, government agencies, Continuum of Care organizations, homeless service providers, TA providers, persons experiencing homelessness, and other stakeholders.