The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will offer the final virtual deliveries of the Building HOME training for 2016. The series will include the following:
- Four weekly, two hour sessions that are held on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM EDT
- One hour office hour sessions that are held on Thursdays from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM EDT, to review homework and answer questions related to that week’s materials; for example, office hours will be held from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM EDT on September 8, 2016 following the September 7, 2016 webinar
This course is a prerequisite for all other HOME topical courses. The virtual delivery of Building HOME provides an overview of the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program, including the latest requirements codified in the July 24, 2013 HOME Final Rule. This course is an introduction to the HOME Program inclusive of all of the new regulatory changes, but in a modified format for a virtual delivery. Participants will become familiar with all program activities, including homeowner and homebuyer, rental housing, tenant-based rental assistance, and Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) activities.
Participants are expected to complete all four weeks of training. A recorded version will be made available to registered participants who might need to miss a week of the series.
2016 Building HOME Webinar Series
||September 7, 14, 21, 28
Who Should Attend?
The Building HOME Webinar Series is relevant to Participating Jurisdiction (PJ) staff, subrecipients, and CHDOs. This webinar is limited to 500 participants and registration for this training will close 24 hours before the webinar begins. This training is intended for HOME PJ staff, subrecipients, state recipients, and consortium members. Because of space limitations, priority will be given to PJ and subrecipient staff. Additional registrants will be waitlisted and confirmed as space is available.
Participants in the prior Virtual Building HOME webinars or on-site Building HOME sessions from 2014-2015 do not need to attend; these sessions are additional offerings to allow PJ staff access to basic HOME training.
Access the registration page below and then select Register Now on the right side of the page.
If you have not yet registered for a HUD Exchange Learn account:
Create an Account on the HUD Exchange
- Go to the HUD Exchange (www.hudexchange.info)
- Click Login to My HUD Exchange
- Click Create an Account.
- Fill out the form, and click the Create Account button.
Your account has been created.You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have already registered for an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Enter your Username and Password; select Log in
- If prompted to fill out additional information, please do so, and select Update
- You will be brought directly to the course detail page in HUD Exchange Learn
- Select the checkbox next to the class name and location and then select Enroll in this Class
If you are unsure if you have an HUD Exchange Learn account:
- Go to the HUD Exchange Login page, and enter your email address into the field: Forget Username or Password?
- If a username for that email address already exists, you will receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to follow the steps above. If not, you’ll receive an error message.
Training Point of Contact
Building Home Training Registrar | email@example.com
To find out more information about upcoming trainings and access materials from previously held trainings, go to HUD Exchange Training and Events.