Note: This message is a correction to the message sent earlier today. This message updates the clinic description and the funding source for grantees that may be able to enroll up to 10 registrants.
HUD is hosting a Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Problem Solving Clinic to provide technical assistance to CDBG-DR grantees to aid in the successful and compliant implementation of their disaster recovery programs. The clinic will feature training opportunities for grantees of all experience levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced) among a series of workshops, one-on-one meetings with HUD staff and CDBG-DR experts and peer-to-peer experience sharing. Topics include:
- Federal Register Notice requirements and applicability, including the 2018 Mitigation funds
- CDBG-DR specific rules and requirements, including cross-cutting requirements
- Recordkeeping and reporting requirements, including Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting (DRGR) trouble shooting
- Useful tips and best practices for launching, designing and implementing CDBG-DR programs
The clinic will also feature panels with experienced grantees and training opportunities for HUD Field Office Staff managing CDBG-DR grants.
Upon completion of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to navigate complex rules and requirements and ensure that communities are able to recover from disaster events
- Understand Federal Register, cross-cutting and Housing and Community Development (HCD) Act requirements to ensure grantees develop and implement compliant programs to respond to recovery needs
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for active CDBG-DR grantees and subrecipients.
Grantees and pre-approved subrecipients are limited initially to five staff members from the same organization. All registrations need to be reviewed and approved by the Registrar before registration is accepted to confirm eligibility to attend. DO NOT BOOK ANY NON-REFUNDABLE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNTIL YOU RECEIVED CONFIRMATION TO ATTEND THE CLINIC. Grantees or subrecipients awarded funds under P.L. 115-56 and P.L. 115-123 will be allowed to enroll up to 10 registrants, or more, if space is available. Additional CDBG-DR and subrecipient staff will be waitlisted and only permitted to register if the training does not reach capacity. Due to high demand and limited availability, for-profit corporations, consultants, and consulting firms are not permitted to register for the CDBG-DR Problem Solving Clinics. Only grantee and/or subrecipient and pre-approved HUD staff may attend.
||Date and Time
|2018 CDBG-DR Problem Solving Clinic – Atlanta, GA
||September 18-20, 2018
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Enrollment does not guarantee registration approval. You will receive a confirmation email entitled "Confirmation CDBG-DR Problem Solving Clinic" once your enrollment has been approved. Please do not make any non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive an email confirmation notice. HUD cannot be responsible for penalties incurred due to cancelled arrangements.
Registration is required and you must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
Training Point of Contact
CDBG-DR Clinic Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org