TitanHQ Talks Security
Happy St. Patrick's Day from all at TitanHQ - A day when everyone around the world gets the opportunity to express their inner Irish-ness!
Trending at TitanHQ:
- Biggest WiFi Data Breaches of 2016 - Free guide on how to enable secure WiFi. Enabling WiFi is easy, security is the challenge.
- New Article - Cybersecurity for the education sector continues to be a challenge. The sector is under attack by cyber-criminals and scammers.
- Highlights from famed cybersecurity blogger and former Washington Times reporter, Brian Krebs talk at the Aruba Atmosphere conference in Nashville, TN last week.
- Much more below!
Want to have your say in TitanHQ Talks? Send any feedback to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Your security agony aunt,
PS: Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to keep up to date with all things web security!
Big Customer Wins for TitanHQ - February Edition
We're constantly connecting with a wide range of businesses all over the world, and February was no exception. We're delighted to announce that we now provide our services to:
- Purple WiFi - a UK-based technology firm. The company offers a free WiFi platform through which businesses can monitor their customer's shopping patterns and habits, and communicate with these clients through targeted messaging.
- Pret-a-Manger - International sandwich store chain with locations in the UK, USA, Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai. They serve more than 300,000 customers every day!
- Croke Park - GAA Stadium based in Dublin, Ireland with a capacity of over 82,000.
- Rugby School - A historic day and boarding co-educational independent school in Rugby, Warwickshire, England. It is one of the oldest independent schools in Britain and is purported to be the birthplace of rugby football.
TitanHQ is committed to providing the best business security solutions to our customer. Our TitanHQ community is going from strength to strength - we aim to build long-term partnerships and work closely with our customers in providing industry specific solutions.
Education - An Industry Under Attack
Universities and other educational organisations are at risk from data breaches and malware threats, just like any large organisation. For cybercriminals, schools and universities represent a very attractive target.
Here are some of the more publicized attacks involving educational organisations so far in 2017:
- Los Angeles Valley College - This community college paid a bitcoin ransom of $28,000
- Horry Valley Schools in North Carolina - Hit by ransomware in early February and was completely shut down for a week
Brian Krebs Talks Security in Nashville
Famed cybersecurity blogger and former Washington Times reporter, Brian Krebs spoke at the Aruba Atmosphere conference in Nashville, TN last week. It was absorbing!
Krebs is of the most hated enemies of the cyber-underworld, but that was bound to happen after he made it his life's work to expose the web's cyber-criminals and scammers.
IT Pro, Brad Rudisail was there to report on what Mr Krebs had to say.
WiFi Data Breaches - Avoid Being a Hacking Statistic!
What were the biggest WiFi data breaches of 2016? Enabling WiFi is easy, security is the challenge. If you’re offering guest WiFi this guide will help you understand public WiFi risks and provide advice to ensure your important business data doesn't become just another hacking statistic.
WiFi Now - Washington DC, 18th-20th April 2017
On the road again, this time to Washington for 3 great days of all things WiFi!
We already had a fantastic show in London, and you can see some of the highlights here
We're a proud sponsor of the event, and our very own Conor Madden, Sales Director with TitanHQ and a thought leader on WiFi security, will be presenting at the show.
Conor will be speaking alongside some of the biggest names in WiFi including: Wi-Fi Alliance, Republic Wireless, Comcast, Verizon, Cincinnati Bell, Microsoft, LinkNYC, Zenreach, ARRIS, Ruckus Wireless, CirrusWorks, Google, Boingo Wireless, Aptilo Networks, BSG Wireless, Hughes Systique, Cambium Networks, Newracom, TitanHQ, and many more.
Attending? Make sure to let us know, we'd love to meet for a coffee :)
Power your email and web security with Titan
Galway, Ireland & Florida, USA.
US: +1 813 304 2544, UK: +44 2038085467, Ireland: +353 91 545555
Forward to a friend?