Onward Israel | Join the Bus
Penn State Hillel Onward Israel participants will be matched with internships that connect to their creative passion and offer real-world experience in unique fields towards what they are hoping to achieve at Penn State. Participants will explore Israel and experience living like a local with other Penn State students in Tel Aviv!
Penn State Hillel Onward program is geared towards students from Penn State looking to live and work in Israel over the summer. This opportunity stretches to a variety of different internship placements and allows students to gain experience in an international community. Students will get to live with other Penn State students on top of travel and learn throughout the experience.
This Onward Israel program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other leading philanthropists, and Masa Israel Journey.
Participants on Onward Israel programs that are run in partnership with Masa may return to Israel on long-term Masa programs after Onward Israel. They may also be eligible for additional scholarships from Masa to help fund their participation, although the size of that scholarship may be influenced by prior participation on Onward Israel. For details please contact Masa Israel Journey directly.
Masa-eligible participants in programs which are part of the Onward/Masa partnership may qualify for additional scholarships. For more information, call Onward Israel or your local partner professional.
Dates: June 6 – July 31, 2018
- Cost includes housing, insurance, modest food stipend, transportation within city, and program costs
- All participants are responsible for cost of and arranging their own flights.
- Participants will be required to submit a $250 participation and security deposit upon arrival in Israel. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
- The actual cost of the Onward Israel program is much higher, and is subsidized up to 70% by Onward Israel, private donors, and local Jewish communities and institutions.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close on March 15, 2018 or earlier if the program fills.
- Apartments or dorm-style housing in the Tel Aviv area.
- The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program.
- While meeting common standards, Onward Israel housing differs by program and even within a program. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
- This program is open to young adults from Penn State University with an interest in interning with the field that compliments what they are studying:
- Between 19-27 years old (or at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program) who have NOT spent 3 or more months in Israel as part of an educational or peer-program (this includes semester abroad, gap year or any other MASA or Onward Israel program)
- Fluent in English
- Previous participation in Taglit-Birthright Israel is encouraged for any eligible applicants
For More Information: Lauren Levinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply today: www.onwardisrael.org/programs/penn-state/