Roatan, Honduras – Apply for Spring 2018
Two years ago, a trip of 8 students assisted in building a home for a family who lost theirs in a flood. Last year 14 students worked on the “Steps to Roatan” project to provide a means of travel to many residents of Roatan, Honduras. This year we wish to continue the incredible experience we had last year to 12 people and continue on the legacy of service in Roatan. Roatan is an amazing community and by going on this “Steps to Roatan” trip, you will not only do amazing service, but meet a lot of friendly locals and also have a great spring break!
- Student Trip leader: Adam Schwartz — (914) 715-6483 and email – email@example.com
- Trip Staff: Springboard Fellow – Innovation Specialist, Emma Kaplan, Hillel’s Social Justice Coordinator, Emily Kass, and Nationally Renowned Motivational Speaker and Jewish Life Educator, Scott Fried
- Trip dates: March 3-10 2018 (Penn State University Spring Break)
- Cost per Participant: TBD (cost to change depending on grant money raised by Hillel and individuals. Includes housing, 3 meals a day, flights, & on-the-ground transportation in Roatan)
- Lodging: TBD
- Meals: all meals are included in the cost of the program (dietary restrictions can be accommodated for)
- Cool down from a hard day of community service on the beautiful beach
- Interactions with locals who are able to tell their life stories
- Midweek excursion to experience the culture of the beautiful island
- Multiple day-long site work opportunities for community improvement and development
- Free choice nightly activities with new friends
- Must be capable and willing to perform half day of hard manual labor and or other community needs such as painting projects
- Must be willing to do individual fundraising
- Provide a $250 deposit for trip upon acceptance
We will contact you by mid-October to set up an interview if you are selected for the second round.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.