God is good.
On Sunday, August 21, we had a total of 510 people attend worship with us across our three services. (In case you're wondering, our sanctuary seats 250 people.)
We are glad to have so many people join us on Sundays! And, we are still in summer mode with plenty of people on vacation. We expect those numbers to increase this fall.
You may already be aware that parking and seating can be a bit of a challenge when church is so well attended. We're especially concerned that this can make RVC uncomfortable for newcomers, so we have come up with a few ways that you can help.
There is parking in the following places other than our parking lot:
- Museum parking lot in marked, unrestricted stalls (until noon)
- High Avenue
- Summit Avenue (the block behind/west of church with the colorful rowhouses)
If you're able to park in one of them, it would be so helpful.
To help ease congestion in the Worship Center and to be sure everybody feels welcome, we are considering assigning groups of people to the Library once per month. A few other ways everybody can help:
- Help us find seats in the Worship Center on Sunday mornings by moving in toward the center when you are seated.
- If you need to sit on an aisle, please stand to let others pass you so they are able to sit toward the center.
- If you see ushers looking for seats, please let them know if there are seats available by you and how many.
This is a warm and welcoming body of believers, and we appreciate your help in making the building feel the same.