Let's build this amazing centre together!
We have raised €30,000
over the past month by your commitments to invest in helping us build the new state of the art yoga centre.
As a result, we have been given a further 6 weeks to raise the remaining money needed.
Help us and yourself, by making an investment in Burren Yoga to build this new centre.
How this works;
- You lend us between €1,000 and €10,000 for 5 years
- We give you 3% interest financially each year or 5% yearly in retreats
- At end of 5 years, we return your investment money and also give you an opportunity to invest for a further 5 years if you prefer
by each yearly interest of 3% and by knowing you are helping us.
by being able to start building the new state of the art yoga centre.
by having this beautiful yoga centre with en-suite bedrooms and all the other features.
Let’s build this amazing centre together !
Plans for the building and More Information
on how you can invest can be seen at
Tips for Winter Yoga Practice
This time of the year when the weather in Ireland can be damp and cold, very often our bodies tend to stiffen up, and we often retract into our selves. It can be difficult for some to get out of bed in the morning and onto the yoga mat.
Some tips to help you maintain your yoga and meditation practice during the Winter.
- Go to bed between 15 and 30 minutes earlier to allow yourself a little more sleep.
- Put a heater on a timer so the room is a little warmer to entice you out of bed in the morning.
- Consider putting a light on a timer so that the room is quite bright in the morning.
- Make a promise to yourself to practice for the next 5 days every morning, and see how you feel.
- Consider making a San Kalpa or Positive Affirmation to use at the start of your practice. This helps your practice become much more than simply a physical practice.
- Before you go to bed, setup the place you practice yoga by laying out your mat and whatever props you may use.
- For your actual practice, start gently to allow the body to loosen (ideally preceding this with some breath work and then bringing your breath awareness into your physical practice)… gradually practice some stronger postures/sequences to build up some heat… and towards the end begin to slow things down with more gentle practices and a relaxation at the end.
- Do the exact same practice each day for 5 days or more so you don’t have to stop and ‘think/decide’ what comes next. Try to get into a feeling/awareness mode rather than left hemisphere ‘thinking’. After 5 days, work out a new sequence and set of practices for the following 5 days so that you gradually cover a good all round practice over a couple of months.
- Consider keeping a chart or calendar on your wall where you mark or keep track of which days you did your practice. Sounds silly… but the ‘nicer feeling way’ you can do this… the more it can motivate you. So by sticking a smiley face or a little Buddha sticker into the box on your calendar each day does actually speak to your unconscious much better than simply marking a tick.
- During the rest of the day, think back on your practice and notice how you feel/act/’respond to others’ during the rest of the day.
This year we have listed our summer retreats early. So now you can see all the yoga and meditation retreats we have listed until September 2014.
This will make it easier to plan summer holidays so you can experience a week long yoga retreat this coming summer.
We also have a week long retreat
December 27th - January 2nd and another one January 3rd - 9th. These are a great way to begin 2014 in a very positive way.
All upcoming retreats can all be seen on the website at
You can see the full details on any retreat by clicking on the blue retreat title at the above link, and you will see a full description of the retreat, timetable of classes and activities and also photos from some previous retreats.
Gift Vouchers as Christmas presents
As usual we have gift vouchers available which we can post to you, or email to you for last minute presents for family or loved ones.
These can be purchased over the phone by credit card, or via Paypal or by posting a cheque.
More information on ordering a special gift or Christmas present of a voucher can be seen at
Please forward this email to your friends
Help us 'get the word out' about our quality eco yoga retreats.